The materials contained in Luk Fook Holdings (International) Limited (“the Group”) Website (including but not limited to the products and services information, images, advertisements etc, collectively as “the Group Website Materials”) are produced by the Group in accordance with its current practices and policies and with the benefit of information currently available to it. To ensure the accuracy of the Group Website Materials, the Group shall regularly review the Website and where appropriate update the Group Website Materials to reflect circumstantial changes.
Under no circumstances shall the Group be liable for (any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages resulted from) any inaccuracies, mis-statements, mistakes, omissions, interruptions, errors, defects, delay in operation or transmission, or the systematic malfunctions of the Group Website.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Group from any claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs or expenses arising out of or related to any of your behaviours or actions, infringements of any third party rights or violations of any laws or regulations in reliance on or with the use of the Group Website Materials, or the breach of any terms in this Disclaimer.
Should you have any questions about this Disclaimer, please email the Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Group Website offers free market information on related products prices (including but not limited to gold price, gold nugget/disc and platinum products) (collectively as the “Products Price Information”). The Products Price Information is provided on an "AS IS" basis. The Group reserves its right at any time without prior notice to modify, add or delete any features of the Products Price Information, services, any of its information, this service statement, or temporarily or permanently terminate the said services, wholly or partly.
Products Price Information should be used as references only. The price and profit of any related products provided in the Group Website may fall as well as rise. Past performances should not be taken as an indication of future performance. Investing and trading in any related products are very risky. The Group shall use its reasonable endeavor to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information provided in the Group Website but does not guarantee the accuracy, validity, timeliness or completeness of any such information. The Group cannot and does not give any assurance that commentaries and signals on the present or future buy or sell will be profitable. The Group hereby disclaims any warranties of merchantability or fitness of a particular purpose or duties of care of any products or services provided in the Group Website. All information and comments contained in the Group Website do not constitute any recommendation or offer.
The Group Website Materials are protected by the relevant copyrights laws, with all rights reserved by the Group. You shall not use the Group Website Materials in any manner other than printing or downloading the Group Website Materials for personal or non-commercial uses or delete any parts of the Copyright Disclaimer attached thereto.
You shall obtain the Group’s prior written consent should you wish to use the Group Website Materials or the links of the Group Website for any non-personal or commercial use, and the Group reserves all rights in this connection. In respect of any third-party Websites referred to in the Group Website or accessible by hypertextlinks through the Group Website as consented by the Group, the copyrights of the contents of those third-party websites should belong to their respective owners. If you wish to use any such contents in any manner, you are advised to inquire the respective owners in advance.
Should you have any questions about this Disclaimer, please email the Group at email@example.com.
- Our Commitment to Protect Your Privacy
The Group undertakes to respect and safeguard the confidentiality of your personal data and privacy, and to strictly observe the requirements of the applicable laws and regulations. The Group has formulated this Policy to set out how the Group collects, uses, discloses and maintains your personal data.
- Collection of Personal Data
The Group intends to use your personal data in direct marketing and the Group requires your consent (which includes an indication of no objection) for the following purposes (if applicable):
- applying for any membership schemes of the Group;
- applying to be a contractor, agent or supplier of any products or services of the Group;
- applying to be an employee of the Group;
- registering for any activities, competitions, lucky draws or surveys organised by the Group;
- using any online shopping platforms of the Group;
- using any interactive online platforms of the Group; and
- communicating with the Group.
You may be requested to provide sufficient but not excessive personal data (including but not limited to:
- name, sex, nationality, occupation, age group, day and month of birth, your signature, marital status, number of family members;
- correspondence/residential address, telephone number, facsimile number, email address;
- Hong Kong Identity Card number or other identification documents, VIP card number;
- education level, range of monthly income;
- credit card number (but limit to the first and last sets with total 8 digits);
- photographs and other images;
- preferred language of communication, hobbies and other information;
- your responses to surveys, research and contests (e.g. stories, photos, ideas etc.) conducted by the Group or on the Group’s behalf; and
- details of your visits to the Group Website, your use of social media platforms and the Group’s mobile applications and other information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies including information that you look at. The Group may also collect information about you that is publicly available online, including your social media profiles
collectively as “Personal Data”) during the abovementioned activities. The Group hereby emphasizes that you have no obligation to provide any Personal Data to the Group and the relevant Personal Data is provided by you voluntarily. If you are unable to provide the relevant Personal Data, the Group may be unable to provide the relevant services to you or process your relevant applications.
If you do not wish to receive information about promotions, discount offers, products and services for direct marketing purposes, you may exercise your opt-out right. The Group provides an option to unsubscribe or opt-out of further communication on any direct marketing communication sent to you. You may also opt-out by contacting the Group as set out in paragraph 7 below.
- Use of Personal Data
The Personal Data provided by you may be used by the Group for one or more of the following purposes:
- to confirm and verify your identity;
- to manage your member account (including but not limited to assigning the online login passwords);
- to handle your inquiries, complaints, applications and orders for products or services;
- to understand your preferences in order to provide with you more appropriate information about promotions, discount offers, products and services, and to provide with you relevant details from time to time (to enhance your understanding of the relevant details);
- to manage, operate and maintain the activities or services provided to you by the Group (including audit or the enforcement of both parties’ rights as set out in the terms and conditions of the relevant activities or services);
- to announce the winners of any activities, competitions or lucky draws organised by the Group;
- to provide after-sales services to you;
- to request payment for our services;
- to send you e-Cards and relevant materials;
- for investigation, statistics or research purposes, and for formulating or improving services quality, operation policies, marketing and promotional strategies;
- to investigate suspicious dealings and to assist in preventing and detecting crimes; and
- for disclosure in accordance with the laws.
- Disclosure of Personal Data
The Group will keep the Personal Data provided by you confidential. Your Personal Data may be disclosed or transferred by the Group for the abovementioned purposes (whether or not within the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region) in the following circumstances:
- to disclose to the agents, services providers (e.g. expert consultants, banks, technicians, marketing research companies, telecommunication or internet services providers, data entry companies etc.) (collectively as “Third Parties”) employed by the Group to provide administrative, telecommunication, computer and information technology, payment, third party debt collection institutions, daily processing, mailing, marketing research, promotional services etc., in order to facilitate the carrying out of the abovementioned purposes;
- services providers or retailers in cooperation with the Group to provide promotional offers, activities or awards (collectively as “Participating Merchants”); and/or
- the subsidiaries and affiliated companies of the Group (i.e. the Group’s holding companies and the subsidiaries of such holding companies) with a view to provide relevant products or services, or to handle relevant applications, and to improve operational efficiency.
The aforementioned Third Parties, Participating Merchants and the subsidiaries and affiliated companies of the Group are subject to the duty of confidentiality, and shall only use your Personal Data for the abovementioned purpose.
- to disclose to the Government, law enforcement authorities and/or third-parties required by laws or court orders so as to protect the Group’s rights and to assist in deterring illegal activities; and
- when the Group engages in mergers, acquisitions or the sales of all or the majority of shares to Third Parties, your Personal Data may incidentally be transferred to such Third Parties.
Except for the above disclosures, the Group will implement all reasonable measures to ensure that the Personal Data collected from you be kept in strict confidence and will not be sold, rented or transferred to any third parties for any other uses.
- Maintenance and Security of Personal Data
The Group will properly store your Personal Data in the electronic system upon collection. Appropriate measures regarding the monitoring facilities, electronic system and staff management have been implemented to protect your Personal Data. The Group has also adopted relevant systems and user regulations to restrict the use of your Personal Data by the abovementioned Third Parties, Participating Merchants, Subsidiaries and Affiliated companies of the Group to ensure all personnel complies with the requirements of the applicable laws and regulations.
The Group will not maintain your Personal Data for longer than is necessary, and will delete all unnecessary Personal Data exist in the system to observe the requirements of the applicable laws and regulations relating to the maintenance of Personal Data.
- Your rights and contacting the Group
With respect to the Personal Data provided to the Group, you enjoy the following rights:
- to enquire whether the Group possesses your Personal Data and to request a copy of your Personal Data;;
- to correct and/or update your Personal Data already provided to the Group. If you wish to access or correct the abovementioned Personal Data, please email the Group at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Group shall not be liable for any relevant claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs or expenses etc arising out of or related to your failure to timely contact the Group for the correction and/or update of Personal Data;
- to ask the Group to erase your Personal Data if you think the Group no longer needs to use it for the purpose the Group collected from you. You can also ask the Group to erase your Personal Data if you have either withdrawn your consent to the Group (if the Group originally asked for your consent to use your Personal Data), or exercised your right to object to further legitimate use of your Personal Data. The Group may not always be able to comply with your request, for example where the Group needs to keep using your Personal Data to comply with the Group’s legal obligation or where the Group needs to use your Personal Data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- to ascertain the Group’s personal data handling policies and practices, as well as the types of information possessed by the Group; and
- to ask the Group not to process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by indicating that you do not consent to direct marketing at the point at which the Group collect your Personal Data. You can also exercise the right at any time after the Group has collected and used your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes by:
(b) ticking the “opt-out” boxes in the VIP Login of Luk Fook VIP Membership Program at the Group Website;
(c) clicking “unsubscribe” in the Lukfook VIP email communications;
(d) emailing the Group at email@example.com; and/or
(e) contacting the Group by (852) 2710 9368 or (86) 400-884-6222
- Contacting us
The Data Protection Officer
Luk Fook Holdings (International) Limited
25/F, Metropole Square, 2 On Yiu Street, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong
- Hypertextlinks to third party websites
This Policy shall not limit the rights that you are entitled to under the applicable laws and regulations.
The Group shall have the rights to amend this Policy from time to time. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the Chinese version of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.